Oral Health Education
Although we do the best to provide the highest possible dental care, the majority of maintenance of your oral hygiene is done at home on a day to day basis by you.
By brushing your teeth effectively twice daily and following a healthy lifestyle your teeth and gums should remain in a good and healthy state.
At Regency House Dental Practice we pride ourselves on the service we provide and a number of our team are qualified Oral Health Educators.
Liz, Kirsty and Rebecca are all qualified.
These are able to provide you with guidance on what your daily cleaning regime should include. They are able to demonstrate effective brushing techniques and advise on additional cleaning aids you can use for interdentally cleaning such as floss and interdental brushes, helping you to choose correct sizes.
The oral health educators are knowledgeable in all aspects of keeping your mouth as healthy as possible. They are able to discuss diet, lifestyle, health issues affecting your mouth and your daily cleaning regime.
Oral health educations appointments are useful for both adults and children.
These are available to both NHS and Independent patients.
Quick Tips for a healthy mouth
- Brush twice daily for 2minutes (minimum) using fluoride toothpaste.
- Clean in-between your teeth once a day.
- Limit the amount of sugar in your diet, including sweets, chocolate, cakes and biscuits but may also include hidden, naturally occurring sugars in dried fruit and fruit juices.
- Avoid fizzy drinks and sugary drinks and don’t add sugar to tea and coffee.
- Don’t smoke
- Limit alcohol intake.
- Visit your dentist regularly for examinations